This s’mores drink uses ingredients like Ritual Whiskey Alternative, homemade toasted marshmallow simple syrup, chocolate sauce and gluten free graham cracker crumbs, making it the perfect zero proof drink to enjoy fire side. It’s like sipping on a s’more and simply cannot be beat!
There’s nothing better than a delicious dessert cocktail, especially when that dessert cocktail is inspired by one of summer’s signature desserts, the s’more. Actually, there is just one thing better… a dessert mocktail, made using Ritual Whiskey Alternative, that is all natural, absolutely delicious and offers absolutely zero chance of a buzz.
When the temps rise and you find yourself spending more time outdoors, fireside, at BBQs, or at the beach house for the weekend cocktails are sure to closely follow. But what do you do when you have fitness goals, lots planned the next day, or simply just don’t like being buzzed? You reach for a deliciously refreshing Ritual Whiskey Alternative S’mores Mocktail + party on!
Really wanna make this a cocktail? If you would like to make this Mocktail into a cocktail, simply swap the Ritual Whiskey Alternative for your favorite brand of whiskey for a delicious dessert cocktail!
Highlights of this Recipe
This Recipe is:
- Alcohol Free
- A great dessert alternative
- Simple + fun to make!
Tips, Tricks + Frequently Asked Questions
- Allow chocolate syrup to chill before pouring the drink. Whether you’re using Nutella, melted chocolate, or your favorite chocolate syrup, it is best if you are able to drizzle it in your glass and chill prior to pouring the s’mores drink.
- Same goes for the graham cracker rim. Dipping the rim of the glass in the chocolate sauce, then dipping it in the graham cracker crumbs and chilling prior to pouring the s’mores drink will also help the graham cracker crumbs adhere well to your glass.
- Make the toasted marshmallow syrup ahead. Refer to the video in the recipe card for a step by step tutorial on how to make your toasted marshmallow syrup. This can be done ahead of time, in fact it will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one month, which is perfect if you want to enjoy this s’mores drink while camping.
Can I use store bought toasted marshmallow simple syrup in this Ritual Whiskey Alternative drink?
You can if you are pressed for time, but this recipe uses unrefined sugars and very little additional additives, so if you are sensitive it is best to take the time to make it yourself.
Are marshmallows low FODMAP?
Yes! Believe it or not, they are! This is something I recently learned, which is what made me so excited to share this Ritual Whiskey Alternative mocktail. You can learn more about marshmallows and FODMAPs here.
Do I need to use Ritual Whiskey Alternative?
I have not tested this zero proof drink with any of the other Ritual Zero Proof Spirit Alternatives, so I do recommend using it if you’d like to keep this a non-alcoholic S’mores drink. If you would like to try making a s’mores cocktail, simply swap the Ritual Whiskey Alternative for your favorite brand of whiskey.
What are the benefits of a spirit alternative?
- No hangovers. Need I say more?
- No buzz. This is my second favorite perk, after the no hangover part of course. Spirit alternatives are my favorite stand in for liquor in so many cases. This S’Mores drink is the perfect fireside drink to enjoy with friends and family, because sometimes family time + booze just don’t mix. Enjoying a refreshing mocktail helps you stay alert AND enjoy the party!
- Gentler on your body. With zero calories + real ingredients, spirit alternatives like Ritual Zero Proof are the perfect way to enjoy your favorite cocktails again while still being kind to your body.
- Gives you options. Out with friends but have a big day tomorrow? Celebrating but have to drive home? Had a few too many but the party’s still going? The list of options and reasons why you’d want to enjoy a mocktail, like this S’Mores drink, are practically endless.
Why You should make this Ritual Whiskey Alternative S’mores Drink
- It is simple! All you need to do ahead is freeze your bananas and brew a pot of coffee + allow it to cool if you do not have iced cold brew available.
- It is refreshing! A light + crisp drink the whole family can enjoy. Make it a pitcher recipe by increasing quantities by 4x or 6x to satisfy a crowd.
- You’d never know it was alcohol free! This is such a delicious and refreshing treat + you would never know it was booze-free, making it the perfect drink for moms to be, designated drivers, and anyone abstaining from alcohol.
Looking for meals that are easy to prep ahead + bring camping or to a BBQ to pair with this delicious S’Mores Drink? Try this delicious Gluten Free Pasta Salad paired with for Low FODMAP Pulled Pork for dinner!
Loved this Ritual Whiskey Alternative Mocktail?
Try these equally delicious Ritual Zeroproof mocktail recipes:
Did you have a chance to make this recipe? If so, please leave me a rating and review below. I always love and appreciate hearing from you!
Watch this quick video to see how the toasted marshmallow simple syrup is made!
Ritual Whiskey Alternative S’more Mocktail
For the Toasted Marshmallow Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 9 marshmallows toasted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
For the S'Mores Drink
- 4 oz Ritual Whiskey Alternative
- 4 oz Toasted Marshmallow Simple Syrup
- 1 oz Oat Milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- chocolate sauce for drizzling
Prepare the toasted marshmallow simple syrup.
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, bring water to a boil.
- While water boils, line a baking sheet with tin foil + grease it. Arrange 9 marshmallows on the baking sheet + broil in the toaster oven (preferably) for 3-5 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Watch closely so they do not burn.
- While marshmallows are toasting, add maple syrup to the boiling water and whisk.
- Once marshmallows are toasted, spray a silicone spatula with your favorite pan spray + remove mallows from baking sheet. Reduce heat to low and add 3 marshmallows at a time to boiling water, whisking until dissolved. Be careful not to add more than this at once as the mallows can puff up and overflow when they hit the hot liquid.
- After all marshmallows are dissolved, add 1 tbsp of vanilla and whisk.
- Transfer to a heat proof container with a lid + store in the fridge up to one month. Ensure syrup is fully cooled before using.
Prepare the S'Mores Drink
- Drizzle chocolate inside of your glass as well as along the rim of the glass.
- Dip the rim of the glass into graham cracker crumbs, rolling it from side to side along the rim to ensure the entire rim is fully coated with graham cracker crumbs. Store glass in the fridge to set chocolate while you mix the drink.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, add Ritual Whiskey Alternative, toasted marshmallow simple syrup and oat milk. Shake vigorously to combine.
- Strain into chilled glasses and enjoy!