Looking for a festive, Christmas gin cocktail that can also be made a mocktail if you like? Well, look no further than this refreshingly delicious Christmas Lady Cocktail, featuring Damrak Premium Gin! The tastiest way to kick off the holiday season!
With the holiday season rapidly approaching + gatherings with loved ones highly anticipated, I decided to start prepping for holiday entertaining a bit earlier than normal this year. I always like to make sure that my bar is stocked with low FODMAP alcohol, especially gin because the earthy, herbaceous flavor is perfect for the season.
The subtle sweetness of the rosemary simple syrup paired with zesty orange and lemon juice + citrus-forward gin make for a flavor explosion that simply can’t be beat! Mix up with Damrak Gin or Damrak VirGIN in order to make an alcohol free version.
Highlights of this Christmas Gin Cocktail recipe:
This Cocktail is:
- Flexible: Can be made a cocktail or a mocktail
- Simple + fun to make!
Tips, Tricks + Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to use fresh orange juice? It is always preferred to use fresh squeezed orange juice, not only to avoid extra fillers and sugar, but simply because it tastes so much better + more fresh. To make things super easy for yourself, I recommend this citrus juicer; it’s small + easy to store plus super easy to clean up. Of course, if you prefer to use bottled orange juice, that’s absolutely fine.
- How about using fresh lemon juice? Again, I always prefer to use fresh squeezed citrus juices, but bottled lemon juice will work just fine in a pinch.
- Where do I find rosemary simple syrup? I’ll be honest, I don’t always love to make my own simple syrups at home! You can find rosemary simple syrup at specialty liquor stores or through Amazon, where I get mine. And if you’re feeling ambitious, you can make it yourself!
Make this a Mocktail: If you’re avoiding alcohol, you can easily make this Pumpkin Moscow Mule into a mocktail by swapping out the Damrak Premium Gin for Damrak VirGIN, their alcohol free version of the spirit. With a strikingly similar flavor profile to the alcoholic version, you’ll never know you were missing it!
Why Choose Damrak Premium Gin?
There are so many reasons I love Damrak Gin, but here are just a few reasons why it’s the #bestdamgin:
- The freshest tasting notes. With flavors like Valencia Orange, Lemon, Juniper and Curaçao Orange, Damrak Gin is in a flavor class all it’s on! Citrus forward + sweet, this isn’t your Grandma’s gin!
- Undertones of herbs + botanicals you’d expect from gin. While you’ll definitely notice a difference with Damrak’s citrusy sweet flavor, you’ll still detect herbaceous notes like juniper berry, ginger, cinnamon, coriander + star anise. This botanical burst brings an earthy, grounded flavor to any beverage it touches.
- Big flavor means less mixers! Now that you know Damrak Gin is just bursting with flavor, you know you’ll need less ingredients around to mix up the perfect cocktail. Try simply adding tonic water + an orange peel to Damrak Gin over ice to really capture the essence of this Amsterdam-distilled gin.
- It’s the only brand on the market with an alcohol-free version of its citrus forward gin, distilled in the heart of Amsterdam!
- They’re eco-friendly! 1% of Damrak Gin sales are donated to environmental causes, so it’s a purchase you can feel good about!
- Damrak Gin is gluten free! And, if you’ve seen my article on low FODMAP alcohol, then you know it’s low FODMAP friendly, too!
To get your hands on Damrak Gin or Damrak VirGIN, visit www.damrakgin.com or click this link to shop!
Looking for other cocktails using gin to make at home? Try some of my favorites like:
- Honey Ginger Gin + Prosecco Cocktail
- Cranberry Cosmo (simply swap the vodka for gin!)
- Pumpkin Ginger Mule
Christmas Lady Cocktail feat. Damrak Premium Gin
- Cocktail shaker
- Jigger or measuring spoons
- Coupe glasses
- 1.5 oz Damrak Gin or Damrak Virgin
- 3/4 oz Orange Juice
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Rosemary Simple Syrup
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice + shake vigorously to mix.
- Strain into coupe glasses + garnish with a rosemary sprig.