These gluten free double chocolate chip cookies are melt in your mouth delicious! Part cookie, part brownie they’re soft yet fudgy and not too sweet. Dairy free, refined sugar free, gluten + grain free, this is one dessert you can feel good about indulging in!
When you’re following the low FODMAP diet, finding sweet treats that not only satisfy cravings but are super delicious can sometimes feel like the ultimate challenge. But not to worry, I’ve got you covered with this grain free, gluten free double chocolate chip cookies with sea salt + olive oil recipe that you can whip up in minutes with simple ingredients you likely already have in your pantry.
As someone who healed their SIBO and IBS through the low FODMAP diet, having healthy low FODMAP sides available and at the ready was always key. Meal prepping breakfast, lunch, dinner, sides and snacks helped take the guesswork out of what to eat and helped ensure that everything I was munching on was helping me move the needle one step closer to my goal of healing my gut. These zucchini fries are the perfect side dish for your favorite low FODMAP meals like this Paleo Chicken Marsala.
Please note this post contains affiliate links.
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Tips + Tricks
Gather your ingredients
This recipe uses:
- Almond + Coconut Flour. I use both almond and coconut flour in this recipe to keep it gluten and grain free.
- Cocoa Powder. Look for unsweetened cocoa powder. You may also use cacao powder if you prefer.
- Olive Oil. Instead of using butter for fat content, this recipe uses olive oil, which pairs really beautifully with the cocoa and sea salt. Choose a high quality olive oil for baking.
- Maple Syrup
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Espresso Powder. Espresso powder enhances the flavor of the chocolate in these gluten free double chocolate chip cookies.
- Sea Salt. I love using Maldon Sea Salt Flakes to garnish these cookies.
- Chocolate Chips
A low FODMAP serving of cocoa powder is around 4 tsp. This recipe calls for 1/2 cup of cocoa powder + yields 12 cookies, therefore each cookie has about 2 tsp of cocoa powder.
Paleo Double Chocolate Olive Oil Sea Salt Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips/chunks
- sea salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and eggs in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer/whisk until combined.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet slowly, mixing on low speed until fully incorporated.
- With a silicone spatula, fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, scoop out cookies and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Garnish with additional chocolate chunks and sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will feel soft and slightly brownie-like.
Leave a Reply