Preparing nachos just got easier with this simple air fryer nachos recipe. It comes together in under 10 minutes so you can enjoy your favorite snack on game day, or any time the craving hits!
When you’re following the low FODMAP diet, finding snacks that not only satisfy cravings but are super delicious can sometimes feel like the ultimate challenge. But not to worry, I’ve got you covered with this air fryer nachos recipe that you can customize to your personal taste any way you like by making them with leftover pulled pork or chicken, beans, or just veggies on top.
As someone who healed their SIBO and IBS through the low FODMAP diet, having healthy low FODMAP snacks available and at the ready was always key. Meal prepping breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks helped take the guesswork out of what to eat and helped ensure that everything I was munching on was helping me move the needle one step closer to my goal of healing my gut. These air fryer nachos are the perfect way to use up any of that leftover pulled pork you meal prepped for the week!
Please note this post contains affiliate links.
Air Fryer Nachos Tips + Tricks
Gather your ingredients
This gluten free air fryer nachos recipe is so easy to customize! My favorite ingredients to use are:
- Leftover pulled pork or chicken
- Corn tortilla chips
- Black beans
- Taco Seasoning: Look for low FODMAP friendly taco seasoning, like my favorite from Fody Foods
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Shredded cheese
Air Fryer Nachos Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to pre-heat the airfryer?
You only need to pre-heat the airfryer if your specific model requires it. The air fryer that I use is amazing and does not need to be pre-heated, so it makes preparing food in the air fryer a snap!
How long does it take to air fry nachos?
In just 3-5 minutes you can have crispy, cheesy air fryer nachos! Set the air fryer to 350F and the timer for 5 minutes. I usually check the basket at the 3 minute mark to ensure the cheese is melting but not burning.
What type of tortilla chips are best?
To make these gluten free nachos, make sure to choose tortilla chips made from corn. If you are celiac, be sure to choose a brand that is certified gluten free just to be sure there has not been any cross contamination.
Restaurant style chips work best as they are generally sturdier and can handle loads of toppings. Whole Foods brand and Mi Niña corn tortilla chips are inexpensive and my two favorite brands to use.
Are black beans low FODMAP friendly?
Yes, black beans are in fact low FODMAP friendly, but make sure to watch your serving sizes. Monash University has found black beans to be low FODMAP friendly in 1/4 cup servings. Be sure to choose canned black beans that have been drained and rinsed properly.
Is avocado low FODMAP friendly?
While avocado is generally considered to be high FODMAP, avocado fans can rejoice in knowing that there is actually a low FODMAP friendly serving size! 1/8 of an avocado has been confirmed to be low in FODMAPs.
Low FODMAP Tip: Download the Monash FODMAP app so you can check the serving sizes of all your favorite foods to determine whether or not they are low FODMAP friendly. Remember, if you don’t tolerate something, simply omit it! These air fryer nachos would be just as delicious without the beans or avocado if those foods aren’t something you’re able to tolerate at this time.
What to serve with air fryer nachos?
On game day you can pair these gluten free nachos with:
Did you have a chance to make this recipe? If so, please leave me a rating and review below. I always love and appreciate hearing from you!
Air Fryer Nachos (Gluten free, low FODMAP friendly)
- Air Fryer
- 4 cups corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup leftover pulled pork or chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheese preferably cheddar
- 1/4 cup black beans optional
- 1/8 avocado optional
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped green parts only
- 2 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- If your air fryer requires, pre-heat at 350F for 5 minutes. Once pre-heated, line the basket with aluminum foil + spray to avoid sticking.
- Layer tortillas chips across the bottom of the basket. Sprinkle the first layer with cheese and continue layering until all chips + cheese have been used.
- Add pulled pork + black beans to the top of the chips and bake in the air fryer at 350F for 5 minutes. At the 3 minute mark, check on the nachos to ensure the cheese is melting but not burning.
- Once cheese is fully melted and timer goes off, top the nachos with avocado, scallions, cilantro, taco seasoning and sour cream.
Leave a Reply