This easy, decadent paleo gluten free chocolate banana bread will quickly find its way into your regular low FODMAP breakfast, snack, or dessert routine!
Gluten free banana bread, but make it chocolate! This deliciously moist and decadent loaf is not your ordinary banana bread. Uplevel your low FODMAP breakfast game or enjoy as a healthy dessert option.
Ingredients for Paleo Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread
- Paleo Flour Blend: I love having this paleo flour blend from Bob’s Red Mill on hand for my paleo baking needs. It substitutes for Gluten Free 1:1 flour or AP flour so well in most cases without the need for any additional ingredients.
- Cocoa or Cacao Powder
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Coconut Oil
- Maple Syrup
- Non-Dairy Milk
- Chocolate Chips
Low FODMAP Tip: Cocoa Powder is low FODMAP in 2 heaping teaspoon servings. This gluten free chocolate banana bread uses 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, meaning each slice fits into a low FODMAP friendly serving!
Why You Should Make Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread
- It’s the perfect grab and go breakfast. If you’re looking for low FODMAP breakfast options that are low maintenance yet delicious and healthy, this is the perfect option for you.
- It’s a healthy dessert option. Not a fan of sweets for breakfast? Chocolate banana bread makes for the perfect low FODMAP dessert!
- It’s a great way to use up over ripe bananas! Avoid creating unnecessary food waste by using up any over ripe bananas in this delicious recipe.
As someone who has healed SIBO through a low FODMAP diet, enjoying delicious treats like this paleo gluten free chocolate banana bread was so important! Sometimes a low FODMAP diet can feel so limited which means recipes like this are a must in your personal arsenal so you always feel prepared and empowered to bake yourself some tasty treats!
Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread Swaps, Tips + Tricks
- Use Paleo Flour: Stock up on this paleo flour blend if you are gluten free and wanting to incorporate more grain free baking into your life. It’s a wonderful 1:1 substitute for gluten free flour in most recipes. This recipe will work with almond flour as well if you do not have the paleo flour, however I do think it turns out better and more cake-like using the paleo flour.
- Refrigerate to Store: Gluten free chocolate banana bread can be stored in the fridge up to one week and maintain freshness.
- Make it Vegan: This recipe works with 2 flax eggs in place of the eggs if you are histamine intolerant or following a vegan diet.
- Add Garnish: I love adding an additional banana sliced lengthwise to the top of this banana bread as a garnish. It just kicks things up a notch and makes for a beautiful presentation!
Looking for more delicious low FODMAP breakfast baked goods? Try these Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins or these Grain Free PB+J Muffins!
Paleo Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 1/3 cups Paleo baking flour
- 2-3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oat milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and grease a 9×4 loaf pan
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas then add in eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, oat milk, melted coconut oil and cinnamon. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Gradually add your dry ingredients to the wet mixing to combined + adding a tbsp of oat milk at a time if batter is a bit too thick.
- Fold in chocolate chips using a silicone spatula.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Leave a Reply