Looking for a festive, autumnal low FODMAP drink that can easily be made into a cocktail or a mocktail? Well, look no further than this refreshingly delicious Pumpkin Gin Mule, featuring Damrak Premium Gin! The tastiest way to kick off the fall season!
Autumn is finally here and although I am personally mourning the loss of summer, I’ve just discovered the perfect low FODMAP drink that is perfect for the transition from summer into fall. Super refreshing + light with a touch of fall flavors, this Pumpkin Gin Mule featuring Damrak Gin will quickly become your go-to cocktail.
The subtle sweetness of pumpkin puree paired with zesty lime juice, citrus-forward gin + fiery ginger beer make for a flavor explosion that simply can’t be beat! Mix up with Damrak Gin or Damrak VirGIN in order to make an alcohol free version.
Highlights of this Recipe
This Pumpkin Gin Mule Recipe is:
- Low FODMAP friendly
- Flexible: Can be made a cocktail or a mocktail
- Simple + fun to make!
Tips, Tricks + Frequently Asked Questions
- Be sure to use Pumpkin Puree, not pumpkin pie filling! This is a common mistake people make, but you want to ensure you are using pumpkin puree in this Pumpkin Mule recipe. The easiest way to tell if you have pumpkin puree is to check the ingredients; pumpkin puree will not have anything additional listed in the ingredients.
- You can use fresh or bottled lime juice. While fresh squeezed lime juice is always preferred, if the craving for a Pumpkin Gin Mule strikes and you’re out of limes, bottled lime juice will do just fine in a pinch.
- Can I Use Ginger Ale instead of Ginger Beer? While it will change the flavor profile of this pumpkin mule, you can use ginger ale in a pinch, though I recommend to stick with ginger beer when possible.
- Use a frother to well incorporate the pumpkin puree. After giving the pumpkin puree, gin, and lime juice a vigorous shake in a cocktail shaker, take a moment to use a milk frother to further incorporate the pumpkin puree, as it can tend to settle at the bottom of your drink if you do not do so.
Make this a Mocktail: If you’re avoiding alcohol, you can easily make this Pumpkin Moscow Mule into a mocktail by swapping out the Damrak Premium Gin for Damrak VirGIN, their alcohol free version of the spirit. With a strikingly similar flavor profile to the alcoholic version, you’ll never know you were missing it!
Why Choose Damrak Premium Gin?
There are so many reasons I love Damrak Gin, but here are just a few reasons why it’s the #bestdamgin:
- The freshest tasting notes. With flavors like Valencia Orange, Lemon, Juniper and Curaçao Orange, Damrak Gin is in a flavor class all it’s on! Citrus forward + sweet, this isn’t your Grandma’s gin!
- Undertones of herbs + botanicals you’d expect from gin. While you’ll definitely notice a difference with Damrak’s citrusy sweet flavor, you’ll still detect herbaceous notes like juniper berry, ginger, cinnamon, coriander + star anise. This botanical burst brings an earthy, grounded flavor to any beverage it touches.
- Big flavor means less mixers! Now that you know Damrak Gin is just bursting with flavor, you know you’ll need less ingredients around to mix up the perfect cocktail. Try simply adding tonic water + an orange peel to Damrak Gin over ice to really capture the essence of this Amsterdam-distilled gin.
- It’s the only brand on the market with an alcohol-free version of its citrus forward gin, distilled in the heart of Amsterdam!
- They’re eco-friendly! 1% of Damrak Gin sales are donated to environmental causes, so it’s a purchase you can feel good about!
- Damrak Gin is gluten free! And, if you’ve seen my article on low FODMAP alcohol, then you know it’s low FODMAP friendly, too!
To get your hands on Damrak Gin or Damrak VirGIN, visit www.damrakgin.com or click this link to shop!
Looking for other cocktails using gin to make at home? Try some of my favorites like:
- Sage Bee’s Knees Cocktail
- Citrus + Basil Gin Smash
- Apple Cider Moscow Mule (simply sub in gin for the vodka!)
Pumpkin Gin Mule feat. Damrak Premium Gin
- 1 oz Damrak Gin or VirGIN
- 1 oz Pumpkin Puree (approx. 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- Ginger Beer
- In a cocktail shaker, shake Damrak Gin, pumpkin puree and lime juice vigorously.
- Strain into moscow mule mugs over ice + top up with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a lime wedge + enjoy!
Leave a Reply